About Me

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

30 by 30 - A 2 month check in


It's been two months since I posted my 30 by 30 goals - time to check in!


  1. Do a random act of kindess
I'm still trying to decide on when and where to complete this.

  1. Start a budget and stick to it
For two months, I have been following a budget plan I found in the newspaper based on The Barefoot Investor.

The idea is you split your income into four buckets: 60-20-10-10. 

Live on 60% of your income, put 20% into long term savings, 10% away for a big purchase sometime in the future and 10% as your splurge account (a night out, a new outfit etc).

It's been working well so far :)

  1. Write more snail mail
I plan to do this when I’m away in America, but if I get the chance before then I definitely will!

  1. Go on a date
Not much progress on this front unfortunately…

  1. Catch up with friends more often
I’ve been to brunch with some former work/school friends, a trivia night with current work friends, a hen’s night with uni friends and a silent disco at the aquarium with a friend from work. I think I’ve done pretty well!

I’ve got a wedding coming up with uni friends, I’ll be seeing some camp friends (hopefully) at a meeting soon, I have a catch up booked in with some travel friends at the end of April and I’m hoping to go to another silent disco too!

  1. Clear out the unnecessary things in my room
A work in progress haha! I’ve changed my storage under my bed to fit more in there (and did a bit of a clear out while I was at it). I went through my wardrobe a couple of weeks ago but need to take what I cleared out to the Salvos (It’s currently sitting in a bag on my bedroom floor!)

  1. Pick up my creative writing again
This one hasn’t been as much of a priority thus far, but I hope to make it one soon.

  1. Take my lunch to work every day
I won’t say it’s been EVERY day, but I’m getting better at bringing it more often.

  1. Drink more water
I think I’ve improved my water consumption, but I need to find a way to keep track of it.

  1. Do my physio exercises consistently
I did for a while, and then I slowly stopped doing them because “I didn’t have time”.
I’m starting them again tomorrow because my knees are hurting again. They will be a priority from now on as my job depends on me being able to move around quickly and easily.

  1. Wear perfume, just because
I wore it out the other night, but maybe one day soon I’ll wear it to work just for kicks!

  1. Take more photos (and find a way to display them)
I want to take more pretty scenery photos but I seem to be taking more selfies and work related photos!

  1. Attend yoga/pilates classes regularly
I really want to make this happen but it’s currently not working out with my work schedule. I tend to be working when the classes are running at my centre :(

  1. Journal daily (365 journal and gratitude journal)
This is one of the few goals that I am smashing – there has only been one day where I have forgotten (and I got to it first thing the next day). 99% of the time I now don’t have to think too hard to come up with a daily gratitude – it’s making me feel much happier overall, which is nice :)

  1. See more live comedy
Nothing is booked in yet, I’ll have to look into who is touring towards the end of the year (or even if I can see someone in the USA!). I do plan to watch the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala on the ABC on Sunday night (but that’s not live comedy…)

  1. Get a skin cancer check
I need to book an appointment for this, after I find out where my dad gets his done.

  1. Swim at least once a week
I’d say I’ve been swimming around once every two weeks, which is an improvement on not at all. I’m going to start packing my swimmers and a towel in my work bag/in the car every day so I don’t have any excuses.

  1. Learn to cook more dishes
Most of the time my work schedule has stopped me from experimenting. I need to plan ahead on days I know I finish earlier and make a new meal for the family.

  1. Donate time to a charitable cause
I worked on YMCA Swimathon Day, however that was paid so I don’t count it. 
I need to do some research into what options are available for other volunteer work.

  1. Research my family tree
This hasn’t been a priority so far, because everything else has been so interesting!

  1. Enjoy every moment of the 2017 summer at Camp Walden
I can’t complete this one until I have been to camp, but I’m so excited for what’s to come!

  1. See Matilda on stage
This is looking unlikely at this point in time, unless Matilda comes back to Sydney for more shows or I manage to see it in the USA. (Is it even still on Broadway? Research needed!)

  1. Spend time with my nieces
I spend every Tuesday with my lovely nieces, and we have also had them sleep over at our place a few times recently. Love those little munchkins!

  1. Visit beachside cafes for brunch on the weekend
I haven’t yet completed this one, and I almost wish I had started it earlier as the weather seems to be getting gloomier and gloomier! Maybe I'll change it to new places, rather than just beachside cafes...

  1. Participate in a fun run
I still need to look into this but I will find one before January 2018!

  1. Visit Hawaii
It’s still a possibility but looking less likely due to the logistics and costs of travel.

  1. Send a postcard to PostSecret (and hopefully one day see it on the website)
I have yet to get my creativity flowing in order to send a secret, but it is always in the back of my mind...

  1. Find out if I can donate blood and/or plasma
Something I’m still researching. I think plasma is more likely because of my iron deficiency however.

  1. Go stargazing
There is a distinct possibility of this happening at camp. I would also love to see how amazing the stargazing is in winter in the Blue Mountains like my friend Maz suggested on my initial post – I just have to see how much of winter I will actually be in the country for!

  1. Eat more healthily
Slowly but surely this is happening…


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! :)